Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Get On With It

I opened this blog several months ago but for many reasons I have procrastinated posting anything. I'm not sure how I feel about putting my thoughts on the Internet but I'm ready to try something new, fun and inspiring so here goes. I'll start simply with a questionnaire I had fun filling out today:

40 Secrets About Me

1. What Is your natural hair color?
Brown but that's no secret.

2. Where was your default pic taken?
In my bedroom.

3. What's your middle name?
Ann and I've never liked it.

4. Your current place of living?
Seattle, Leschi neighborhood.

5. Honestly, does your crush like you back?
No.

6. What is your current mood?
Sad.

7. What color underwear are you wearing?
Flesh tone.

8. What makes you happy?
Being surrounded by good family and friends who I adore and who adore me right back.

9. What makes you sad?
Missing my closest friends who moved to Sweden last year.

10. If you could go back in time, and change something what you would change?
To have loved myself more and to not have lost touch with some friends over the years.

11. If you MUST be an animal for ONE day - what would you be?
Pepe, our communal cat now living the good life in the Swedish countryside with William and Jenny!

12. Ever had a near death experience?
Yes, more than once.

13. Something you do a lot?
Think too much.

14. What's the name of the song stuck in your head right now?
Marching Bands of Manhattan, Death Cab for Cutie.

15. Who did you copy and paste this from?
Lynnea.

16. Name someone with the same B-Day as you?
Francis Bacon, 1561.

17. When was the last time you cried?
A few hours ago.

18. Have you ever sung in front of a large audience?
Only a very small one, the song - Desperado.

19. If you could have one super power what would it be?
I have to agree with Lynnea, to heal people of things.

20. What's the first thing you notice about the opposite / same sex?
Same as Lynnea, their interpersonal skill level.

21. What do you usually order from Starbucks?
If it's the only coffee available, a short cappuccino. It's a secret order drink that's not on their menu but it's their best quality drink and any Starbuck's barista is trained to make it if you know to order it.

22. What's your biggest secret?
Sorry, can't share it here.

23. Fave color?
Pale turquoise.

24. When was the last time you lied?
I've been lying to myself since June of last year but I am now facing the truth and finally dealing with it.

25. Do you still watch kiddy movies or TV shows?
Sometimes, the PBS series "Arthur" and Amy Tan's "Sagwa", the original "Yours, Mine and Ours" and "Herbie", old kid movies with Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn.

26. Do you like school?
I did love it when I was in it but it's not for me right now. I want to go for my MFA one day. Maybe when I'm an old woman.

27. What are you eating or drinking at the moment?
Not much eating happening these days but lots of coffee drinking.

28. Do you speak any other language?
Unfortunately no but I would like to learn Swedish one day.

29. What's your favorite smell?
The ocean and the crisp air on an East coast Autumn day.

30. If you could describe your life in one word what would it be?
Magical.

31. When was the last time you gave / received a hug?
Monday morning.

32. Have you ever been kissed in the rain?
Yes.

33. What are you thinking about right now?
Love and loss.

34. What should you be doing?
Sorting and purging so I can start a new beginning.

35. What was the last thing that made you upset / angry?
Last night when nothing was going my way.

36. How often do you pray?
Never, I just yell "FUCK" which works for me every time.

37. Do you like working in the yard?
There was a time but not anymore. I want to try container gardening.

38. If you could have any last name in the world, what would you want?
I've been trying to figure that out for some time now because this one needs to go. Maybe Dittenhoeffer, my grandmother's maiden name.

39. Do you act differently around your crush?
Yes but that just means it's all wrong.

40. Name one song that reminds you of an ex?
Joni Mitchell's River

It's coming on Christmas
They're cutting down trees
They're putting up reindeer
And singing songs of joy and peace
Oh I wish I had a river
I could skate away on
But it don't snow here
It stays pretty green
I'm going to make a lot of money
Then I'm going to quit this crazy scene
I wish I had a river
I could skate away on
I wish I had a river so long
I would teach my feet to fly
Oh I wish I had a river
I could skate away on
I made my baby cry

He tried hard to help me
You know, he put me at ease
And he loved me so naughty
Made me weak in the knees
Oh I wish I had a river
I could skate away on
I'm so hard to handle
I'm selfish and I'm sad
Now I've gone and lost the best baby
That I ever had
Oh I wish I had a river
I could skate away on
I wish I had a river so long
I would teach my feet to fly
Oh I wish I had a river
I could skate away on
I made my baby say goodbye

It's coming on Christmas
They're cutting down trees
They're putting up reindeer
And singing songs of joy and peace
I wish I had a river
I could skate away on

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Loretta! Blog it.